Youth For Christ is a worldwide movement dedicated to the work of youth evangelism since 1944. “Geared to the times, anchored to the rock” expresses our unwavering commitment to the gospel and truth of the Scriptures while at the same time being flexible and adaptable in our methods to be relevant to today’s youth.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return to power and glory.
- We believe that, for the salvation of the lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost – they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
- Evangelism – Personal evangelism and mass events. To mobilize and equip every Christian to evangelize in obedience to the Great Commission.
- Discipleship – To build every Christian to be both a disciple and a disciple-maker.
- Bible teaching – To teach every Christian to correctly handle the word of God.
- Equipping – To train servants of Christ who would in turn train other Christians for works of service.
- Partnership – To work with like minded Christians in youth evangelism.
- We believe that the Bible only has the answer for all problems that young people faces.
- We have a mandate as stewards of God to preach the Gospel wholly and responsibly.
- Our hearts ache when youths are misunderstood, misled and lost without Christ.
- Our efforts and activities seek to be relevant and meaningful so that Christian youths are inspired and equipped to live obedient lives trusting in God.
- We desire that every non-Christian has the opportunity to hear and respond to the Gospel.
- We eagerly welcome partnering with Christians who share the same burden in youth evangelism.
- Prayer We depend on God for all that we are and do, and we value your prayer support.
- Finance Every staff of Malaysia Youth For Christ raises their personal financial support. All funds for every aspect of our work – office expenses, evangelistic activities, projects – depend on the support of Christians who share with us the vision of youth evangelism.
- Manpower With the enormous work around us, we need full-time staffs, part-time staffs and volunteers for grassroots work (evangelism and follow-up), administration, media, camps, training, sports and projects. There are always vacancies as long as there are people who do not know Christ. Call us to find out more.
- Event Evangelism Event Evangelism is a fun, creative and exciting way of sharing the Gospel to youths. This includes using sports, outdoor events like treasure hunt and telematches, music, trekking, mountain climbing and structured experiences. The sharing of the Gospel is integrated into the event so that young people have the opportunity to consider and respond personally to Jesus Christ. Christian youths are also mobilized and equipped to conduct these events and share the Gospel.
- Personal Evangelism We want to see every Christian person who wishes to be obedient to the Lord’s commandment (Mat 28:18-20) to be equipped and ready in personal evangelism so that they are prepared at all times to explain what they believe (2 Tim. 4:2) and why they believe (1 Pet. 3:15).However, responsible evangelism is a process. Thus, Christians must not only share the gospel, but they also must disciple another Christian. We equip Christian youths to do these.
- Project Serve Project Serve is a discipleship program for Christian youths. It is conducted over specific periods of time, depending on the program and availability of the participants.The training includes studying the Bible, sharing the gospel and follow up. Project Serve emphasizes the practical application of everything that the students learn.
- School Christian Fellowship We assist school Christian Fellowships by equipping the committee and members through Bible teaching, training and camps to grow in their Christian life and obey Christ in carrying out the Great Commission.
- Aim To work in partnership with other Christians in the body of Christ in responsible youth evangelism.
- Our Passion and Concern We are concerned that in general, youth evangelism is declining in many places in Malaysia. Recognizing the importance of this work, we want to be in partnership with churches to reach young people wherever they are.
- Partnership includes – Long term partnership (6 months to 2 years) – Mission Teams – Creative Ideas for Evangelistic Outreach – Training and Equipping
- To make the Gospel heard in the world wide web.
- To provide online resources for youth evangelism.